I had a slightly higher opinion of these than you did (A-). Anyway, shouldn't this be 19-20-21. After all, they are three separately published books collected under one cover. Give yourself some credit!
Thanks Doc, I only read the second one (in full) still getting through the third one. I did enjoy it, but for me it was no where near as good as the first book.
Late, I know, but you are so wrong about this book. It surpasses the first in my opinion. Here Merlin is finally fully confident of his abilities. He has grown up and just dominates. All the "wandering around" that you call it is an incredibly rich story of political machinations, careful diplomacy and subtle espionage in the stirring, inspiring milieu of the young Britain slowly becoming aware of its promise as a nation. Plus, the detailed and compelling descriptions of the locations are immersive and help complete the total escape that this great fantasy novel provides.
3 comments:
I had a slightly higher opinion of these than you did (A-). Anyway, shouldn't this be 19-20-21. After all, they are three separately published books collected under one cover. Give yourself some credit!
Thanks Doc, I only read the second one (in full) still getting through the third one. I did enjoy it, but for me it was no where near as good as the first book.
Late, I know, but you are so wrong about this book. It surpasses the first in my opinion. Here Merlin is finally fully confident of his abilities. He has grown up and just dominates. All the "wandering around" that you call it is an incredibly rich story of political machinations, careful diplomacy and subtle espionage in the stirring, inspiring milieu of the young Britain slowly becoming aware of its promise as a nation. Plus, the detailed and compelling descriptions of the locations are immersive and help complete the total escape that this great fantasy novel provides.
Post a Comment